Bob Dylan: Blonde on Blonde was never about poetry

Double lie. -It was a fantasy I had in my head. How obvious does it need to be, says Bob in a rare interview with the devil. -It`s claimed to be my best album. It`s my dirtiest! I was in my twenties...

-I meet these two lovely ladies in a nightclub and they inspired me to make a sandwich LP and the rest is just filthy. It has nothing to do on Rolling Stones 500 greatest albums of all time.

-It was a dream. It never happened. The women went home in a taxi and left me alone with my imagination. Thats all there is to it. It`s a self righteous pity album to re-establish my self-esteem.

-If you lie big enough, people buy it. Thats why I made it a double album. The fans would have seen through a single record, there`s a hole in it for Christs sake, but give them two holes with four layers they loose track.

Photo Lars Magne SunnanÃ¥